Saturday, June 18, 2011

Le Tour De Vin Review

A week ago I spent the evening with 200+ wines. Well I really didn't spend my evening with that many, but we did have that many choices. I'm used to wine tastings with 6-8 different wines. I felt overwhelmed. I had prepared myself looking at the list before hand so I could come up with a game plan. Since I had spent $100 for a ticket, I wanted to make sure and get my money's worth and taste the more expensive wines first. I concentrated on whites. It is much easier for me to find a white that I like. Reds are much trickier. Here are the wines that impressed me. I can't tell you more than the names because I didn't make any other notes. I don't even know how much anything costs.

Kendall Jackson Avant Chardonnay - I do remember that this is an unoaked chardonnay

Santa Christina Pinot Grigio

Masi Mesianco

David Arthur Meritaggio - ok the one red that I tried. The wine maker was there which made it interesting to talk to him about his wines.

Benessere Pinot Grigio

Amici Sauvignon Blanc

Joseph Phelps Eisrebe - this is a dessert wine but not too sweet

Eroica Riesling

Elk Cove Pinot Gris

Tattinger La Francaise - some bubbly to end the evening

I'm glad I went but I doubt I would go again. There was too many wines (yes there is such a thing) and the food was not enough for drinking. They ran out and being hungry isn't a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment