Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Hodgepodge

Kickstarting blogging this week.
1. Have you ever had to wear a uniform? If yes, tell us more. Did you love it or hate it?
I had to wear an orange apron over my clothes when I worked at Builders Square. That's the closest I came to a uniform.

2. April 22nd is Earth Day. What is one thing you do personally to be a good steward of planet Earth?
I recycle with our city. They come every two weeks to collect paper, cans, glass, cardboard. It is amazing how much less we have in our normal trash.

3. Brown rice, quinoa, or couscous...your healthy grain of choice? How often are one of the three on your menu at home? Given a choice between white rice, brown rice, wild rice, and fried rice which would you go for?
I like couscous but I don't make it very often. I'm not sure why since it is super easy. Not a big fan of brown rice although some of my frozen lunches now have it. The one time I tried to make quinoa I burned it.

4. In your opinion, who has the best job ever?
Grandmothers.

5. What's a situation in your life currently requiring patience?
The search for a new boss. I have a feeling it is going to take another year but there isn't anything I can do to make it go faster.

6. Do you live your life around days of the week? Explain.
I think when you work you do. Everything revolves around those days and trying to cram in everything else when you are off.

7. In a nod to the A to Z challenge happening around town this month, what 'R word' best describes your April?
Reflective. My baby is graduating college in three weeks. Oh my.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I thought I had strep throat last week but it turned out to be allergies. I have never had spring allergies. And when I occassionally get them in the fall I never am congested...I just lose my voice. So this time when my throat hurt so bad I thought it was strep. Nope, just those pesky allergies everyone in Oklahoma suffers from.

1 comment:

  1. I love your answer to who has the best job; grandmothers indeed is a great one! I wore an uniform for a private school from 1st to 8th grade; hated it at the time, but then when my kids were in school with no uniforms, I actually thought it could be good to have them :)

    How exciting with your daughter graduating in a few weeks, but you are right, a time of reflection.

    betty

    ReplyDelete