Thursday, April 30, 2009

The M&M Club


I used to eat peanut M&Ms every day. It was my afternoon snack. So people started buying me them for my birthday and just to bribe me to do something for them at work. This started to spiral out of control when I started getting M&M gifts (not just the candy). I now own this collection of M&M things that are displayed on my office file cabinet. Everyone who walks in goes "so you like M&M's" and I have to explain that I USED to but now like dark chocolate and I really don't eat the m&ms anymore. I admit it is a conversation starter but I am not sure I want that conversation.




Then people started bringing me gifts from other countries. I have several items from China, a sheep from England, a loch ness monster from Scotland. I have my OU Sooner dog on a couch too. My latest addition is a Mr. Potato Head Braves figurine. I saw a couple other people with these for other teams and I knew I had to have it. It was my impulse buy but had to wait a week for it to arrive. It now serves as the separator between the M&Ms and outsiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment