Joyce has questions for us all ready for the day before Thanksgiving. Isn't that nice of her?
I'm settling for my bathroom counter to still not be fixed. When I realize that it has been broken for 1 1/2 years, I'm really settling. I have to get it fixed in 2014.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I do not shop on Thanksgiving (unless I need chicken broth or something like that) and I certainly won't be shopping on Friday. Most of my shopping anymore is online and it doesn't matter what day or time that is. I think it is ridiculous that people do shop and that stores feel the need to offer these deals. When really you know they are going to offer deals similar to it in just another week because the "Black Friday sales were off". That's because most of us are getting smart enough to know you will run more sales.
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I've only been to one of those cities (Paris) and the only shopping we did there was in food stores or the gift shop inside of a metro station. I was much more interested in seeing the sites than shopping.
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
Probably when we went to an Italian restaurant in town a few months ago. They have candles on the tables.
5. What do you have too much of?
My family would probably say snowmen but since they keep buying me more and I keep buying more, you can't have enough of them.
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
I've never read the books or seen the movie. I'm not into those kind of movies.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
The day is supposed to start with Dan and I walking a 5K. I'm trying to get excited about it but the thoughts of how cold it is in the mornings is really making me reconsider. The money was for a good cause (United Way long-term tornado recovery) and we get long sleeve tshirts so maybe that's enough.
Whitney is coming home Wednesday from college and both my mom and Dan's mom will be joining us for the day. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberries, corn, rolls, pumpkin pie are on the menu. I'm thinking we might even start off with a cheese ball (that was when we thought we would be eating later because of the 5K). If we don't do that we will eat a little earlier.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Winter arrived after really only have a couple of weeks of fall. We had freezing rain/sleet and southwest Oklahoma had snow (which they are in a drought so they appreciated I'm sure). I'm hoping fall comes back next week.