Monday, November 4, 2013

What I Did This Weekend

Yes I actually did stuff this weekend. In fact, I was so busy that I didn't cook or clean or get anything really done.

Saturday I went ahead and volunteered at the National Weather Festival. After never going to it I decided to help out. I sold tshirts for a couple of hours (something I'm very good at doing). The crowds were huge. Thousands of people came to visit. All of the tv stations were there. We had helicopters, fire trucks, mobile command centers, radar trucks. There was even an "ask the expert" booth where several of my friends were answering questions about severe weather. And of course we had the weather friends...which is a group of costumed meteorology students teaching kids about weather. They even have trading cards.


Saturday night I took my mom to see Carousel. It was held in the smaller, more intimate theater...more like a cabaret setting. We were in the front row and it was rather disconcerting to be that close to the actors, especially when they were looking right at you. I don't particularly care for this musical and after seeing it I am reminded why. But mom had a good time and that's what is important.

Sunday we had a fiesta for volunteers at church. By the time I finished that it was 2pm. I did some laundry when I got home and worked out but otherwise did nothing.

I ended the evening watching Revenge. Talk about an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment