Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Merry Christmas Hodgepodge
I can't believe Joyce had time to write this week's questions. Her daughter is getting married in less than three weeks and Christmas is next week. Super impressed.
1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
Is it wrong of me to think that Time Magazine is from a by-gone era and it really doesn't matter what they write about? Its like they put a bunch of choices into a hat and draw one out.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Something old - a mantle clock
Something new - my new dining room table
Something borrowed - I really don't borrow anything
Something blue - My Snow Miser bobblehead
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
I'm not a fudge fan. It is always too sweet for me.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?
I believe the first time I flew was when I was 13 and moving from Wisconsin to Florida. I've flown a whole lot more since then. I really like to fly and am an expert at navigating an airport by myself. Last flight was delayed in San Diego and I just sat at a bar and ended up talking to someone else who had been at my conference. It didn't bother me at all to be delayed (not really anything I could do about it). I've never been to the Outer Banks although I would like to some day.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
There is not a pattern of career path in my family. And Whitney isn't going into any field that either Dan or myself are in.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
Go grocery shopping. I'm out of stuff for lunches and I really don't want to eat out the next two days.
7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
To enjoy the season at a relaxed pace.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Whitney comes home tomorrow for winter break. She'll be home for about three weeks before she starts her last semester of college!