Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hodgepodge Time



1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

Oklahoma is the land of weird weather. Last week closed for snow and in two days a beautiful weekend. The trees start budding and then get hit with snow again.

2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob...which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?

I don't think anything needs replacing. We just had the garage door fixed so hopefully that was the last thing in a bit. I had a slinky and Whitney had a slinky that was actually made of plastic.

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

I'm terrible about quotes. Perhaps Lucy from Charlie Brown "If everyone agreed with me, they'd all be right."

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

When will I get a new boss. Its been 10 months since our last director passed away unexpectedly and the higher ups are finally getting around to writing a job announcement. Which means it will be another 6-12 months before they hire someone.

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I enjoy sweet things but as I get older I eat them less and less. Not because of any bad press but just because my tastes change.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

More work that I enjoy doing. It is so much better to be busy than doing less work and bored.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

I lived in Texas and hello...Oklahoma is right next to it. Of those listed I've been to 9 of them. The only one I've missed is Padre Island but I've been to Port Aransas which is just north of Padre. I'm not sure I would really recommend any of them though.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Off to London Thursday! Just a little excited for a real vacation!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip (but of course you will :) I do remember the kids having a plastic slinky; I didn't think it worked as well as the metal kind. Start praying for the new boss :) I was humbled when hubby first started his new job here that when he was talking to people and they found out he had a faith, they had said the minute they heard the department head was retiring, they started praying for his replacement.

    Safe travels!


    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to London? Wow, lucky you! Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i haven't been to London since I was 3 years old. I don't remember a thing, sadly.. Except for that rumor my cousin pushed me when we were at the bank. I don't remember this but my elders like to remind me. ;)

    I have cut down on sweets too, some things are just way too much for me now. I've cut down on ice cream which has shocked everyone in my family.

    ReplyDelete