1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
First of all I think that is a stupid word. Once again people do not recognize the brilliance of my own new words such as gunkified. I digress. I think they are silly and have only taken a couple of them myself. The last one was me on the Great Wall of China since I thought I should have a shot of that.
As you can see, not my finest photo. I prefer to be behind the camera but I'm not afraid to have my picture taken.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
We haven't sent out cards for several years and I doubt we will this year. In fact when I was unpacking all my Christmas stuff I didn't have any boxes of leftover cards. So I would have to buy them this year and I don't think I'll do that. Last year we really didn't get many in the mail either.
3. Do you trust easily?
I think it depends on the place. I probably trust more in my personal life than in my work life. That seems backwards doesn't it?
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
I love three of the four (no pine for me) and I just got some tremendously good smelling cinnamon pine cones at Kirkland's. Really these are the best ones I've ever gotten. So I'll go with that right now. Next week it may switch to vanilla.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I'm writing this on Tuesday so on Monday I probably talked more than listened. Especially at work when I have to explain stuff.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
Since is is the Christmas season, I'm listening to those songs all day long. So it has to be Heat Miser/SnowMiser. My favorite cartoon song.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
This is the big thinker question of the day. Wow. Maybe Neil Armstrong going to the moon? Although I would be pretty scared about getting into the spacecraft.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The tree is done and I'm off to help my mom set up her tree tonight. Things I've learned with the new tree is that we don't need to have it on the wooden box like the last one and the angel is super big. The tree isn't as big as our old one but all my ornaments look nice on it.