We got advent devotionals at church and I hate to say it but I haven't opened mine up. Very bad of me I know.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?
Blitzen...because that sounds like the one who deals with the cold and ice. And really doesn't that describe everyone in the US right now (except Florida)?
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?
Too loud. I can't think when it is too loud. I think having an only child makes you extra sensitive to groups of children and the noise that comes from them.
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?
This is one area I excel at. It is difficult to let go and trust others but you have to do it or else you drive yourself crazy. But man when it doesn't get done like you want it to or in the timeframe that you have in mind, yikes.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?
Dreaded task is putting all the Christmas stuff away. I like seeing lots of twinkling lights on house, on trees, just everywhere.
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was yourmost talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)
Was the Harlem Shake this year? Man I thought it was in 2012. I wonder how they compile these lists. Do they really have a scientific way to figure it out or just make it up as they go? Most talked about would most likely be weather and family.
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?
Coloring my hair. I realize that it costs money that many don't have but I have to get it done. In fact Saturday morning I'll be sitting in a chair meeting a new hair stylist.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Christmas Spectacular is at our church this weekend. It is so popular that they have 8 services for it this year. We are going Friday night and then I'm going to usher three more times. I don't know what's in it this year but I'm hoping it continues to live up to the SPECTACULAR names.