Look, I'm actually participating in the hodgepodge again. If she can do all this while recovering from a cold and a wedding, I can participate.
1. What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
Communication is key to keeping the marriage long lasting. Don't assume something about your partner...talk about it.
2. Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined As Silver, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?"and "Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?"
We were watching the OU bowl game (which we won) and then woke up Whitney to say Happy New Year.
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
An emoji is not a word so that isn't right. I think my most used word was NO. As in no I can't do that or no I don't have time for that.
4. Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are-
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix).
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
I haven't even heard of a couple of those. But working with weather people I'd say polar vortex should be banned. And I remember that selfie was on the list the year before but it still needs to be banned now.
5. January is National Hot Tea month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
I always think the idea of hot tea is better than the actual drink. I always get loose tea from China as a gift from my visitors and I never like it. I do drink hot tea when I have a cold with honey in it though.
6. Whatever happened to________________________________?
The Sun. I think this is the grayest winter ever.
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
I don't have a must read...just an always read a book.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are back to empty nesters. We enjoyed having Whitney home for her last Christmas break from school but I know she is happy to be back at school for her last semester.