Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Figured I would satisfy Whitney's need for a weekend wrapup blogpost. She can be pretty insistent about me blogging.

Haircut went ok at the beauty school. Took two hours and cost $10. That saved me $15 from what I normally pay but 1 1/2 hours longer. I need to balance that out in my head if it is worth it. The good thing is that it is an easy haircut and there were two supervisors making sure the all one length cut really was all one length. I still had to trim my bangs when I got home because everyone always misses some of them.

Returned a raincoat I had bought in February to Kohl's without a receipt and got the full amount back. Nice to use their credit card and they can look things up. I ended up spending about half of what I got back at the store that day. So its a win for me!

Bought a pair of binoculars for the trip. We had a pair but when I was at Academy with Whitney last week I realized how cheap you could get them. So we bought a nice pair for $25. Also some rainproof pants for Dan and some waterproofing spray. I really need to find a pair of tennis shoes I can waterproof because my trusty Keds have air holes in them. It took me four months to find a pair of Keds that fit so I'm on a terrible countdown to find a pair of shoes in a week. I'm super picky and nothing seems to fit my feet.

Went to the art museum on campus for their FREE family day. They are having an exhibit of Disney animation cells which was very nice. Most of their other art I'm not a big fan of, but it is nice to have a fairly good sized art museum in town.

Finally I leave you with a video for "Beard Like Harden". Yes James Harden's beard has its own music video now. Last week it was just decoration for a building but now a full-fledged song.


2 comments:

  1. I love my Keds. I have both the cloth and leather, but find I need to wear my running shoes often for the support [but the Keds look so cute!]

    I know my MIL swears by Easy Spirit. She has a hard time fitting her feet too and they are nice looking shoes. Also along the lines of the Keds without the airholes are the tennis shoes they sell for workouts like zumba, dance etc. I know PUMA makes them - I will see if I can find a pic' I am not explaining them very well.

    That is neat that they have family free day at the museum. We are spoiled here because all the Smithsonians and the Zoo are free all the time. Only the Newseaum, The Spy Museum and the Holocaust Museum cost.

    You must be so excited for your trip - how long now? I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work for Warner Brothers and the animation cells were my favorite thing. All the work that went into them.... as a store manager, I went out to Burbank and met the animators. The art has been lost into CG animation....

    ReplyDelete