Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Moose is Loose

We walked around the tiny town of Talkeetna today and saw lots of moose. Not the real ones, but the wooden kind. The town is having an auction on the fourth of July for these moose designed by local artists, schoolchildren and businesses. They are yard art. Some of them are quite cute.




This one was outside of the flight place.




This was a restaurant, wildflower cafe.







The northern lights.




Elementary kids did this one.



It's too bad these are so big or else I would have found a souvenir to take home.

2 comments:

  1. I love that last one. Awesome. Please tell me that it's made of metal, it would look great with a nice patina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea. I thought the last one was metal scroll also, then I enlarged the pic. But it would be awesome in metal

    ReplyDelete