Joining in for this week's questions with Joyce.
Growing up my mother made my brother and myself stockings. We didn't have a real fireplace but somehow my parents found a cardboard one. It really looked like a fireplace and it even had a fake fire look to it. So we hung them on that.
I made all of our stockings after Whitney was born. We still use those now.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
Back when I had bad insomnia if I got three hours a night I thought I was lucky. Nowadays it probably is six total but it is broken up into a couple of three hour spurts. I wish I could sleep like I used to...a good 8 hours straight.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Complaining about the weather. The weather is up and down. I just need to accept what we have. It is not like I can change it.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I really could care less. There are so many other "real" news stories that should be covered and instead we get this frenzy.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
The sound of a child being tickled. There is something pretty exciting about that kind of a laugh.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
I love a good fruitcake. The best come from Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas.
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Picking out, purchasing and having installed a new back door. I'm a terrible procrastinator and this really needs to be done now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I took my certification test yesterday. We were given four hours but it only took me a little over two. There were quite a few questions that I didn't know but luckily we don't get points off for guessing wrong. I'm not sure why it takes six weeks to get the results since the test was on the computer. I'm really hoping that I passed.