Joining up with Joyce for another week of hodgepodge.
1. So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car?
Probably this summer on our vacation in Alaska. I took some flower pictures.
2. Are you sending Christmas cards this year? About how many do you send? Photo card or something more traditional? How do you display the cards you receive?
No cards are sent this year or for the last couple of years. I believe the last ones we sent featured a photo of the dog with Christmas antlers on her head. She still gets excited when she hears that jingle because she gets a treat if she sits for a few seconds still with them on her head.
3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
Fiscal cliff. Who came up with this term? Dan and I have an over/under every news cast with how many times it will be said or on the screen. Usually it averages 5 per 30 minutes.
4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan? Plain or flavored? Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
I didn't know this was a day but now I'm glad I do. I love hot chocolate. Plain (maybe with a little peppermint schnapps) and a few mini-marshmallows.
5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
Online shop. It's the only way to go.
6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
I have scarf that was Whitney's that has silver sparkles on it. Of course I really wish I had the black scarf with the gold threads but I'm lucky I have this one.
7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
Do you hear what I hear? Do you see what I see? Do you know what I know? (Of course they aren't right next to each other in the song)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My favorite Christmas show was on this week. The Year Without a Santa Claus. I love the heat miser/snow miser song. My profile pic is Snow Miser right now on Facebook.