1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
Europe. The whole continent too since I can be big in thinking.
2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?
I'll go with Ursula although how you can love to hate a Disney character I really don't know. But she is not quite as evil as Maleficent as anyone who has seen Fantasmic at DisneyWorld can attest too.
3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?
I wouldn't call it a virtue.
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
Probably once a week. I use my Wii Fit to do it which is usually a little lower than I really am. If I really want to know the correct weight, I'll go to the freight package scale in our office. It is pretty accurate.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?
Well I don't think our country is pretty happy right now with all the government shutdown. I looked at that list and I didn't agree with any of the top 10. Of course I wouldn't know who was happy since all we get is negative news.
6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?
To Kill a Mockingbird. Teaches compassion, courage and strength of character.
7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?
No Christmas shopping yet. I have come up with a few things I want though.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our dog has been acting weird again lately. I think the neighbor's chickens have thrown her for a loop. Monday night she spent 30 minutes with me in the bathroom right next to a full tub of water. She hates water and didn't even want to get up until I made her.