Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hodgepodge-Back in the Saddle Again


After being off of blogging for what seems like forever, I'm joining Joyce for this week's hodgepodge. I've got to get back into the blog rhythm.



1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.

I hate to say this but I'm not very big on genealogy. I really don't know why. My mom is and my dad was from a little town where everyone was related to each other. There is even a history book of the town which is basically a family history.

2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-

"Luck is the residue of design."

Agree or disagree? Why?

I think this is a question of do you believe in luck or not. Some days I think there is luck and some days I don't.

3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?

My backyard?

4. Who is your favorite comedian?

Carol Burnett. I loved watching her show when I was younger. Some of those scenes still crack me up.

5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?

Of course there is always the eat less sugar but it sure is hard to give up those tasty morsels.

6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.

Give the green light...we bought new furniture and am working on picking paint to redo our bedroom.

7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?

I usually don't mind waiting in line at the grocery store to pay. I know that sounds weird but I figure that they are going as fast as they can and I'll just wait patiently.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I've got my blog written to announce my A-Z Blog Challenge theme (big announcement March 21). And I've got my calendar printed out with about half the days filled in with what I'm writing about. I'm much more organized than last year so hopefully the posts will stay good. Last year I started strong and then faded. I got one written every day but they weren't as good towards the end of the month.

Don't know what the A-Z Blog Challenge is? Click the button on the sidebar to find out more.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I could come up with a theme for the A-Z. Ugh.
    I'd like to plan on doing it but I think I'd have more success if I had a theme.
    At least you've got a start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole Burnett.. my husband LOVES her. I love Tim Conway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carol Burnett a lot.

    So far I haven't come up with anything for the A-Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on being patient in the checkout line. Plus, I figure that if I were to go to another line in hopes of it being faster, it will inevitably be the one where there is a computer glitch, or the payer has tons of coupons, or something! I just wait…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a theme, but am not sure if I'll participate in the reveal or not. I'm afraid if I see someone doing something similar I'll be tempted to change my plan, and I don't really have a Plan B. I haven't written any words yet, but I do have all the letters on my calendar and plugged into blogger so the days are set to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree in the grocery line waiting. That normally doesn't bother me either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a backyard to call my favorite space but for now i am in an apartment!

    Visting from A to Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't beat Carol Burnett...especially when Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were involved! I still love watching old skits from her show.

    ReplyDelete