Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Fragments

Just a quick dump of a few things for Mrs. 4444 Friday Fragments. Just getting back from 10 days away from work has left me super behind.


Half-Past Kissin' Time

My vacation was awesome. I can't wait to blog about it and show lots of pictures.

But when we came back I immediately had to find a new auto/home insurance company. Right before we left town we got a letter that cancelled our current policy the day after we got back. Seems when I switched companies the inspection showed ONE missing shingle. And for that they cancelled. No chance to get it fixed. Just boom go away. So I have spent lots of spare time (which I don't really have) finding a new insurance company. Thanks to some friends, I finally got a good deal. Just in time too.

By the way, red eye flights are horrible. Especially when the plane only has tv sets down the middle row of the plane and has ONE movie...for an eight hour flight. American really should get its act together better.

Saturday is the Red River Rivalry game. After last week's loss, the Sooners need to play better to beat the Texas team (although they aren't very good). School is cancelled today since it seems like half the student body would skip school to drive to Dallas. But that doesn't mean work is cancelled. Nope, I'm here playing catch up.

Our building hosts a Bevo BBQ the Thursday before the game. Its always a good time to eat some beef brisket and watch highlights from old games. But this year's crowd was definitely smaller than normal. It was a good deal for $6 to get two BBQ sandwiches, chips and a cupcake.

I hope that next week I can blog some more.

3 comments:

  1. Dealing with insurance companies can definitely be a hassle. They don't want to have to pay out any money they just want yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the insurance company! Glad you were finally able to find a new one. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your old insurance company must have been Geico or State Farm, LOL (I had terrible experience with both companies trying to pay a claim). It doesn't seem right with one shingle they would cancel. What a pain! Glad your trip was great though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete