1. Joyce's hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be mostwilling to taste?
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
No hunters in the family and I'm glad. I've had venison and duck and haven't cared for either of them. I don't think I want to try anything else.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
We made it halfway up the volcano on Maui and looked down towards our condo. Puts things in perspective.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
I used to have some ducks that were my fathers that I got when he passed away. I think they are in the attic now. I have a bird book if that counts.
4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
Vacation and work trip all in one...Hawaii
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
I had to look up lists of songs with birds in the title to figure this out. Best I can do is Fly Like an Eagle by Seal.
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
Wow, I haven't had any lately. Maybe last time I got really cold for no reason?
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
One time (I think 3rd or 4th grade) my mom made me a Statue of Liberty costume out of gray trash bags. It was so awesome. And it was the one year our little town didn't have the Halloween costume parade. Trick or treat is for elementary age kids or younger. I'm pretty adamant about that. I never liked touching the inside of a pumpkin. So we really didn't do a lot for Halloween as Whitney grew up. I reused costumes for a few years and we attempted to carve.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had suitcase Sunday at church. Basically we collected new and gently used small suitcases for foster kids in the state of Oklahoma.
This cage was full after the last service. I don't know how many they collected but I hope that all kids are able to get one. They also had different organizations that help out foster kids there. And a touching video from a couple of church members who do both foster kids and have adopted kids out of foster care.