Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hawaii - Part 3

I'm going to do it. I promise I will finish blogging all about my Hawaii trip by the end of next week.

Today I'll finish up my trip to Honolulu.

After we went to Pearl Harbor it was time for two days of meetings. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the University of Hawaii's campus. We met at a lovely building called the East-West Center. Behind the meeting room was a large grassy area with a koi pond. We took a group photo out there.

Aren't we a great looking group?




On our second day we toured the NOAA facility on Ford Island. They took two of the hangars from World War II and built new buildings inside them. So the historic outside is full of beautiful new workspace.

They were so nice to welcome us.

Big mural inside the new atrium

One of the NOAA ships

We were limited in our photos outside of the building because it is an active navy base. They train Navy Seals there and also repair the submarines and we were told not to take any pictures in those directions.

I finally made it to the beach our last day in Honolulu. A quick walk down Waikiki Beach and I realized I didn't miss anything.


It was then time to pack up and get ready for Maui and the real vacation.

1 comment: