Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Cold Hodgepodge

Joyce was off last week moving her daughter back home before she goes and gets married and moves all the way across the country. She deserved a break. But she came back this week with more questions.



1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.

I work with a few retired veterans but I never think of them that way. I appreciate what they've done for our country but I've never done anything like those listed.

2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?

I won a 10 pound chocolate bar once and that was way too much chocolate. Maybe 50 pounds of wine? I wouldn't need to buy any wine for at least a year.

3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?

I got a wedding invitation this summer. I don't like to wait until the last minute to RSVP. I should be able to make up my mind quickly if I can go to something or not.

4. What's something you really don't like to waste?

I hate to waste anything I paid for. LOL

5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?

Of those I was a huge MASH fan. It was a family event to watch it. I remember the final episode still (the highest rated single show ever). You know...before you could DVR it and watch on your own schedule.

6. What decision are you glad you made?

Going back and getting my masters degree. It definitely has propelled by career and helped expand my mind.

7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?

I'm thankful that there is only one more time to pay tuition! Whitney's last semester starts next January and then she'll be a college graduate.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm joining up with Rebecca Jo on her winter reading challenge. I probably read 4-5 books a week on my kindle app so this will be great. Go check it out!

4 comments:

  1. My hubby said he would have chosen the wine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like an interesting reading challenge, might have to check it out! How exciting that your daughter is so close to finishing her education!

    I think I would take 50 pounds of wine myself too :) (now I'm curious, how much does a wine bottle weigh:)

    I used to write to soldiers as part of Soldier Angels, it was rewarding. Not sure why I got out of the habit of doing so though. Might have to start up again.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels great to have the tuition behind us. We're in wedding mode now, but at least not wedding and college : ) I will check out the reading challenge. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and I still send out real invites for Birthday parties and such. I ALWAYS RSVP as soon as I know I can go, it drives me crazy when people don't get back to me. Particularly since my parties usually involve a head count. Oldest's birthday was last Friday... we bought the kids tickets to see the BC game against UNH... they all got t-shirts and dinner... so yeah, I REALLY needed a head count, yet the rsvps didn't roll in until 2 days before. *sigh* Makes me crazy...

    ReplyDelete