Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Hodgepodge

Made it to answer Joyce's questions this week. I give thanks that every week she comes up with them and lets us play along.



1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?

This is the puzzle I finished this weekend. I play Frozen on my ipad all the time (rather obsessively).

2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
Maui. You can't argue with sunsets like these.


3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.

I'm going for a before dinner walk by doing a 5K Thanksgiving morning.

4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?

Ham with broccoli and scalloped potatoes.

5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?

Well I did own a topsy turvy tomato grower. It worked for awhile until I overwatered it. But it sure was heavy with all the dirt in it. You would never be able to just hang it from any overhang like in the infomercial.



6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

I've started all online. I've also bough the foster kids gifts that we adopt every year by going to a store. I avoid the Black Friday shopping or anything similar to it. Too many people. There is no need to open early because sales start way earlier than Thanksgiving now. I think it is just a sport to some people.

7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?

My hair. That sounds funny but coming from a family where the women have thinning hair when they get to be my age I don't take my full head for granted.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I hope to have all my decorating done by being off work for four days. I won't have any time for fun stuff for awhile so I must get it done.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for exercising before eating :) Beautiful puzzle you made; I want to get back into puzzle making after we move; it is so relaxing!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your puzzle! I play frozen too! It's be secret along with Hay Day! I'm so jealous of your 5k. Ju just had foot surgery and hasn't ran in over a week. They don't have races very often here like the do In the States.
    Anyhow, nice to visit your blog. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete