Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Fragments

Time to join Mrs. 4444 for Friday Fragments.


Half-Past Kissin' Time


This weekend is homecoming at Whitney's college and they are doing parent's day at her sorority. She's in charge so we'll be going up to see her. Plus we need to take her winter coat to her since next week the cold air is coming. She hoped she could wait until Thanksgiving for it but Mother Nature had other plans.

We will be stopping by the Christmas store on our way home to get some extra poinsettia flowers for our tree. We got them last year and need some more and that's the only place that had these specific ones. I'm also on the hunt for a new tree topper after our fiasco of last year and not having one at all the year before.

Today is my assistant's last day. The good news is I got my hiring freeze approved one week earlier than I thought so maybe I can get someone to start working in December. With the winter holiday here I thought it might be January before I could hire someone. Crossing my fingers.

I still haven't cooked my spaghetti or acorn squash. I keep meaning to and it just is too late when I get home. Last weekend didn't work because we had company. Good thing they last a long time.

Since when did tv series have fall finales? All the shows I'm watching are doing this. Is it another way to get people excited to wait over a month for a new show?

Stupid criminal was a guy who got arrested for burglary. It wasn't the fact he did it, it was the shirt he was wearing. A monopoly shirt with Go Directly to Jail all over the front of it. The police had to do what the shirt said, right?


7 comments:

  1. Whitney must not be going to school in Oklahoma? Anyway, sounds like a great time and an added bonus to stop at the Christmas store. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't decorate for Christmas as we don't have it here anymore...we always go to CA to see the grandsons. I do miss Christmas stores. At least I still get to Christmas shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you putting your tree up already?

    I have never cooked a spaghetti squash - that's my winter goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL with the Monopoly shirt :) I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit with your daughter :_

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is HILARIOUS about the stupid criminal!
    You'll have to let us know how the squash turns out..and how you fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your visit with Whitney. Good luck with the new hire and the tree topper. Now that is one funny stupid criminal story.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete