Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Quick Catch Up

Just a quick little catch up on a rainy election day.

I voted on my way to work and there was a line. Normally the only time there is a line is for Presidential elections. So it was nice to see people there. I had done my research so was in and out in 10 minutes.

This weekend we took my mom out to brunch for her birthday on Sunday. It was very nice (lobster benedict for me) and then we went back to her apartment to move some furniture and Dan installed a towel bar. Simple things but when you are older you need some help.

Saturday we had company for the OU game. My friend brought chips and ranch dip. Oh my, I hadn't had that for a long time. I just kept standing in the kitchen eating chip after chip. I was glad when the first bag was empty...it made me stop.

Fall showed up finally. No more air conditioning!

I made the mistake of going grocery shopping later on Sunday. The lines were crazy. I came to find out while I was checking out that it was food stamp day and everyone who got it had huge baskets. I'll remember not to do that again.

1 comment:

  1. Here the first of the month is when the food stamps come out (which actually its a preloaded card that gets reloaded on the first of the month, like a debit card). We learn to go early if Saturday (when we usually shop) is the 1st of the month (like last weekend). Good to see a line at the voting place! Just came back from it :)

    Oh my with chips, if they were potato chips, I think I wouldn't have stopped at the first bag :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete