Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Fragments

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Trying to get back to blogging. Why does life keep getting in the way?

So I'm in the midst of planning back to back trips right now. On Monday we spur of the moment decided to do a spring break trip. And by Wednesday we had tickets bought to go to London. WOW. So much planning to do now. And then two days after we get back I have to fly to DC for a meeting. Talk about back and forth. I'm going to feel like a bouncy ball I think.

Whitney is coming home today to do her taxes. Super easy but gives us an excuse to see her and talk about the trip. She's pretty excited herself.

My bible study isn't very exciting this time. Perhaps its because we met last week and just talked as a getting to know you thing and this week we watched an intro video and then just talked. I feel like these weeks have been wasted. 

Bought girl scout cookies and have successfully avoided eating them. Maybe I'll just use them for decorations? I remember selling them for $2/box and now they cost $4. Inflation I guess.

I went to a huge craft fair last Sunday and was so disappointed. There was so much that I wouldn't consider "crafty" there. It is held at the fairgrounds and is in 7 buildings although they tour one of them down and some people had to be in the barn area. It didn't smell that great there and I couldn't imagine having to be there for three days.

And with that my fragments are out of my mind. Guess being busy means I don't even have time to cram them into my brain.

8 comments:

  1. Impromptu to London?! Who does that? ha. I'm sure all the flying will be worth it. Maybe. ha. It's super hard to get back in the groove of blogging... why is that, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoiding the cookies is a big win. They are not safe around me!
    Have a great weekend.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often wondered about the blogging vs. real life contest for a person's attention. Of course, real life is most important but do you include FB, pinterest, instragram, twitter, etc. in the blogging category?
    London - have a great trip. Will it include more than the UK? London itself takes a long time to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it will eventually be a good Bible study once all the preliminaries are taken care of :)

    Every year I try to avoid the Girl Scout cookies and every year I always end up buying one box (which I donate to the troops through the Girl Scout program to do so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I sold GS cookies in the stone age...they were only 50 cents a box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like home party vendors have taken over craft fairs these days.

    I hear you on the time for blogging!

    Here's to safe travels and a great visit with Whitney. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I LOVED London! Make sure you go by the pub "The Lord Moon of the Mall" near Trafalgar Square & get the Sticky Toffee Pudding. It's AMAZING, and the food was the most reasonable we ate while we were there!

    ReplyDelete