I'm going to get this done early so it will post early on Wednesday and I'll be on top of things!
Well since I work with a huge federal grant, it was 10 minutes ago when someone from the government was in my office asking how to get money to someone. I was able to give him good news and the day started out great! So that was a 10. I can't say that all of my experiences are like that though. In fact I think I may have a 5 coming up later today.
2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms ofany candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
I don't know if you need to be a college graduate to be President but it probably doesn't hurt. You learn a lot of stuff in college that is beneficial in life.
3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
All of the elementary schools in town are named for President's and Whitney went to Washington Elementary. However I've been other places since the last time I was there. I usually see the Washington and Lincoln monuments when I'm in DC which will be next month.
4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
I'm not an almond fan. So I usually skip those dishes.
5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
I wrote about the SNL anniversary show Monday. I remember watching in the 80's and early 90's. And then life got in the way and who wants to stay up that late when you have a little one. But there are so many good skits that came out of it. One of my favorites is Buckwheat is dead.
6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it?
The closest purple thing to me is a box of girl scout cookies. The Samoas box is purple.
7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!
She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?"
I don't make the bed mainly because my husband is still in it when I get up. On the weekends I try and make it but I'm not very good at it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love seeing all the snow pictures knowing that we don't have that weather. Keep posting them friends!