Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Joyce's Birthday Hodgepodge

Seems like someone is having a birthday and we are getting birthday related questions!



1. When did you last sing happy birthday to someone? When were you last sung to? Does that embarrass you or do you enjoy being the center of attention on your special day?
I don't sing the song and don't want anyone to sign it for me. Unless you are a little kid it really isn't that great of a song. I don't mind birthdays. I usually take them off but I worked this year...then got sick and had to take off two days.

2. Name a famous or 'infamous' person (living or deceased) who shares your birth day and month. Is that someone you'd like to meet in person if it were possible?
Well I had to google this and it says Mother Theresa has my birthday. I had never heard that before so maybe I need to look into it again. The big thing that happened on my birthday was that women got the right to vote in the U.S.

3. Someone hands you a box tied up in a lovely bow...what are you hoping to find inside?
If I'm hungry...chocolate. Otherwise anything would be lovely.

4. What can you guarantee about yourself?
I guarantee you that I look better now than I did 20 years ago.

5. Talking art and beautiful cities here...'The Last Supper' in the Santa Maria della Grazie Abbey in Milan Italy or 'The Mona Lisa' in The Louvre, Paris...which would you most like to see up close and in person? Why?
Since I've seen the Mona Lisa (not impressed) I would choose The Last Supper. I've never been to Italy.
See here is Whitney in front of it when we went to Paris many years ago.

6. Your favorite dessert?
How to narrow it down? I like all sorts of desserts. Big on cookies, cheesecake, ice cream. I don't eat them very often though.

7. This coming weekend marks the official start of autumn (in the Northern hemisphere)...what is something you do to get ready for fall? What is one thing you're looking forward to on your fall calendar? Spring or fall-which do you prefer?
Definitely prefer fall. We have made it through the oppressive heat of summer and have beautiful colors to look forward to. Well if I lived somewhere the leaves turned. But then the pumpkin decorations come out, smells, and maybe someday soon we can turn the fireplace on.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I promise I have blog posts in my mind written. I just need to upload some photos and write them. Don't know what is stopping me other than procrastination.

2 comments:

  1. How neat that you've been to Paris and have seen the Mona Lisa! Talk about a chance of a lifetime! Hey...chocolate always works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the clothes, the colors, and the cool weather.

    I've seen the Mona Lisa a few times, but it was always mobbed. You could still enjoy it, but I think it's one of those paintings I need to stand in front of solo to really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete