Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hodgepodge

Another week of great questions from Joyce. Seems like this is the only way I'm blogging lately.



1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
Fountains. When you are young you like to play in them. When you are old they are great to watch.

2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
My sophomore year I won Best Minor Actress for my role in Arsenic and Old Lace. My crowning achievement in acting. It all went downhill from there.

3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?
If they want to unionize, go for it. It doesn't mean they will succeed though. And if the fast food restaurants closed it wouldn't hurt me since I very rarely at at them. I understand wanting to make more money but I'm afraid that if they paid more money, those people striking wouldn't be the ones with the jobs. There is a reason why some people work in places like that and why some people don't.

4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
I can't think of anything that requires honey. I have some in my pantry but the last time I used it was months ago.

5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?
I will probably tell someone a tag is showing no matter who it is. All the rest of these I probably keep my mouth shut unless they are a really really close friend. What does that say about me?

6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
Field of Dreams. I can flip to it at any point in the movie and start tearing up. And the ending...oh my. The floodworks come out.

7. 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published in Juvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
Joyce has a little blog
That we all get together at
Every week great questions asked
Until next week...adieu

(Obviously I'm not good at this) :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Labor Day was a bust. Poor Whitney came home for the weekend. She started with a cold and then Sunday night she got the stomach virus I had the previous week. We spent four hours at the ER on Labor Day getting her IV fluids and some anti-nausea medicine. She spent an extra night at home and we drove her up Tuesday so she could make a couple of classes. So much for relaxing at home. :(

4 comments:

  1. I always have honey in the house but rarely use it. If I feel like I'm starting to get a cold I will put some in hot tea.
    Hope Whitney is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Field of Dreams"...definitely a GOOD choice! Hope your girl gets all better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I hope your daughter is feeling lots better. Stinks to be sick on a holiday weekend! The rhyme was a lot harder than I thought it would be : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Field of Dreams" doesn't make me cry but I sure love Kevin Costner in this one (and "Bull Durham".) Yeah baby.

    ReplyDelete