Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Lovely Version of Hodgepodge

Thank you Joyce for another week's worth of questions.



1.What makes love last?

Boy if I knew the answer to this I could write a book, make millions and there would be no problems in the world. I think an important aspect is honesty and respect. Of course love works differently for everyone but I think those would be important in all love relationships.

2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?

I'm not a huge Beatles fan. It's ok but not it was before my time.

3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?

This is a day made up by card, chocolate and floral companies. You shouldn't have to have one day to show someone you love them. If you wait a week, you can get a lovely bouquet of flowers for a lot cheaper and you still show you love someone. That being said, a card and chocolate are always appreciated.

4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?

I'll take a burger, medium-rare, with cheese, catsup and pickles. We aren't fancy at home.

5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?

Well that Lincoln was quite the statesman. I think power goes to a lot of people's heads so he was probably right on that to test character.

6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?

I don't like pennies (or any coins). They are dirty and make your hands stink if you have to handle a bunch of them. I usually end up spending them at 7/11 to buy a big gulp. And I get rid of everything I can when I go there.

7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?

I think a lot can be learned from pop culture and I'm sure many thesis and dissertations have been and will be written on it. And I'm sure many of those people will compare it to ancient civilizations and cultures. Because really so much is the same even though times change.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Did you see the story about the US bobsledder (Johnny Quinn) who got stuck in his bathroom in the Olympic dorm and had to break the door down?


And then he got stuck in an elevator?


I think the Russians may have it in for him.

3 comments:

  1. How in the world did I miss that story about the US Olympian? Oh, my goodness...sounds like he might want to stay out of bathrooms and elevators from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't hear about the guy getting stuck twice. How strange is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about the hotel room, but not the elevator. Good thing he's got muscles : )

    ReplyDelete