Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hodgepodge

Thanks Joyce for this week's questions.



1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?

Well if something is an accident I'm not sure how responsible we are for an action. But for anything that we do on purpose...yes.

2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?

This questions implies that I have a hometown. Which of the six towns I grew up in counts for it? Or maybe from the town I've lived in since I went to college? If I choose the latter, then that would be the actor, James Garner. For you older people, he was in Maverick and The Rockford Files. For you younger people, he was in The Notebook.

They even put a statue of him near the train tracks.

3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?

I have three crockpots of varying sizes. The small one is good for queso. The middle one is good for meals that have smaller amounts of meat. The big one is for big pots of soup.

I love using them because it is easy to dump and turn on and leave it alone. One of the best things to make is pulled pork. You take a pork butt and season it with salt, pepper and for us Old Bay. Then put it in the crock pot and cook overnight. You can add BBQ sauce early or later after you shred the pork. Delicious and so darn easy.

4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?

It's a way of life now. I assume that everything private about me is public to someone.

5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?

I've got the DVR set to tape (actually starting Thursday when team ice skating starts). I never understood why an athlete would want to stand outside in the cold for hours but hey, I'll never be an Olympic athlete. I don't know what event I would want to go to...maybe some short track speed skating. That's indoors so couldn't be too bad.


I've never been to Russia and I really don't want to go there. Of course I never really wanted to go to China and I went so maybe some day we'll co-host a conference there and off I'll go on a jet plane.

6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.

I was not an athlete so all I have is bad memories. I played powder puff flag football for homecoming and ended up dislocating one shoulder at the practice and the other shoulder at the game. I have never played since.

7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch?

When I walk on the treadmill I watch a tv show. Sometimes I'll plug into my ipad and just hit play. I only have so many songs on it and I never update the list so it isn't anything memorable.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


This was Sunday's snow. Roads/sidewalks melted on Monday but then freezing rain Tuesday. Extreme cold Wednesday/Thursday with more snow possibly on its way. Winter is here. I am not complaining. I do hope that this doesn't counteract the weed spray that went on a couple of weeks ago when we were in the 50's. Oklahoma is just like that you know.

2 comments:

  1. We got about another 8 inches on top of Mondays 6, and now ice coming down to cover it all. I'm not a fan of the ice, although it does make for some great photos. Also, gutter problems, but we can't control the weather, right?

    My hubs has been pretty much everywhere, and says Russia is near the top of his list in how foreign it feels, moreso even than China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is perfect for slow cooker month because it's when you want hot comfort food like stews and BBQ, and nothing's better for making it than a slow cooker!

    Cheers!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete