Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hodgepodge-Late to the Party

I'm running late on today's set of questions by Joyce. But that doesn't mean the others were as behind as me. Go see their answers.


1. What's the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?

People aren't as polite and respectful of other's space as they used to be. I like my bubble and don't enter it...please.

2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?

I love this event. I keep watching it every morning it is on. I'm not sure how they get their heart rate down so quickly to be able to shoot but I applaud their athleticism. I think the shooting is the hardest part mainly because if you miss you get a minute added onto your skiing time (or do a penalty lap in the team event).

3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most often purchased canned food item? What was in the last can you opened?

I think I buy lots of diced tomatoes. Which is probably the last can I opened. We use them in lots of cooking.

4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?

Maybe the Danube?

5. It's the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive?

I usually toss and turn some. Very rarely will I get up. I read where that is the worst thing to do if you are trying to go back to sleep. Mainly because you trick your body into thinking it needs to be awake. Where if you are laying in bed it thinks sleep.

6. How important is keeping your cool?

If you blow your cool things get said that really should not be said. Have an internal conversation and save yourself some grief.

7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet...which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way?

What as a sheet...because I'm always so pale. :)

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I took mom to have cataract surgery this morning (my excuse for lateness). The doctor was running behind (how this happens I don't know) so she waited an extra hour. Her blood pressure was sky high. I really didn't know people could get that high without dying. But some good calming drugs, 15 minutes in surgery and it was back down to manageable amounts. I took her home and went to work to deal with fires that popped up here. I sort of wish I was back in a waiting room reading a book.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your mom did ok with surgery. Blood Pressure can be such an issue. My sister is having trouble keeping hers regulated. I did too for awhile, but it seems to be good now.

    ReplyDelete