Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where do I want to visit?

After a three day weekend and a week where 37 employees went to a conference, coming back today has been a nightmare. Add a payroll run and a boss who has decided that he has to catch up on stuff you've been giving him for a month, I think I should daydream about places to go see. So here are my top five places to go visit that I've never seen before.

1. Australia/New Zealand
I have to put these together because they are halfway around the world and they sort of have to go together. Some of you may know that my boss is from New Zealand and goes there every year and some of the faculty I work with are from Australia. So I feel immersed in Aussie/Kiwi accents. Also, who wouldn't want to visit a country where there are more sheep than people?

2. Hawaii
This may sound strange from someone who does not like the sun, but I really think I could kick back and relax next to a beach eating pineapple and coconut. Add in a pina colada and a cabana boy and I'm set.

3. Cayman Islands
We've tried twice on cruises to hit this island and haven't been successful. Dan thinks that if we tried to fly there the plane would crash. So maybe this is just a place to wish for instead of chancing it.

4. Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Italy
I lump these countries together because they are near each other and if I go that far, I'm doing a lot. I think they offer a lot of old world charm, art, food, scenery and views. Enough said.

5. New York City
One of the few places in the United States I haven't been to that I really want to go. It has so many things to see and do that I know I wouldn't be bored. Plus with all the walking I could sample all the different cuisines and not gain any weight.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me, although, as you know, we've done the Germay/ Austria, Switzerland/ Italy thing. I was young though. If you twisted my arm, I'd go again. You book it and I'll go with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for Hawaii!!!!! If your not lucky you will have so many people joining you on your trips that you will never have any peace....LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid the only person that can go with me is Dan. But we'll take pictures so you can live through them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to see the great barrier reef in australia and the northern lights in Alaska. I've done Europe already and unlike Laura, I was not as young so I remember it all (more or less)Ha It was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete