Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Funny sign for the day

I was watching American Pickers last night. I know, I know, how can I watch so much reality tv. I swear it just sucks me in. Anyway, they were looking through an old amusement park, the kind that were like early 1900's. So there were these huge signs advertising the side shows painted on canvas that they could hang outside tents. And they ended up being worth a heck of a lot of money. The guys even felt bad that they had paid so little for it and made so much money that they went back to the park and gave the original owner half of the profits.

Anyway, I digress. The funny sign I saw was an advertisement for "Man Eating Fiji Mermaids". And it had a picture of a mermaid on it. I understand why people would want to see a mermaid, especially back in the early 1900's. But a man eating one? I guess sick humor worked even long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment