Well the time has come for the family to get ready to fly away for our vacation. It's been awhile since we've taken one, so I have to get back in the right frame of mind to pack and get ready.
1. The dog's hotel reservation is made. She gets to spend her time at the Top Dog Pet Resort where they treat her like royalty. Have to make sure she has her shots, her bed and most importantly, her squeaky.
2. Make sure all prescriptions are filled so we have enough medicine on the trip. This used to not be an issue but it seems as I age, I need more medicine to keep me in tip top shape.
3. Make sure all laundry is done. This is a given for anyone travelling, especially if you will be gone for more than a week.
4. Buy reading material. It is important to make sure you have enough to read on the plane to keep you entertained, but not too much to weigh you down walking through the airport.
5. Make lists. We all make our own list of what to pack and cross it off as everything gets piled on my bed.
6. Pack the suitcases. There are special ways to pack a suitcase. First you want to make sure that all of one person's clothes are not in just one suitcase. This prevents one person not having any clothes if the airline loses a piece of luggage.
7. Make sure all doors and windows are locked. This shouldn't be a big deal because the windows should be locked already with it cold outside, but always a good idea to check.
8. Clean out all trash from the house. You don't want any unwanted critters getting in and taking residence.
9. Notify the neighbors so they can use your trash can and make it look like someone still is at the house.
10. Cancel mail and newspaper. See number 9 above.
11. Sleep. This is not a step to be overlooked since we are about to spend 9 nights in beds that aren't ours.
12. Relax. This is a vacation. Stressing out about it sort of negates the reason for a vacation.