Friday, December 3, 2010

Attending church in the face of protest

My church has been "chosen" as a protest site by the Kansas church that likes to protest anything and everyone that doesn't see things their way. My church was founded on Ephesians 3:20, "God can do anything you know - far more than you can ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams. He does it by not pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." I'm not sure why this other church has decided that we need protesting. Maybe it is because my church does not judge people, includes all, and honors God. I was worried about attending church but decided that I can't let these people scare me. It is better to show a good example of faith and worship and love than it is to run scared. I choose to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment