Monday, April 11, 2011

The Joy of Not Sleeping

I have been dealing with insomnia for a couple of years and it really sucks. I've gone through all the over the counter and prescription medicines and nothing works like it is supposed to. I finally have one that is cheap and gets me 4-5 hours of sleep pretty consistently. But for someone who is used to sleeping 8 hours, I know it still isn't right.

Last week I had a couple of nights that I slept all night and I made the mistake of telling Dan I slept good. JINX.  So now I'm back to waking up at 3:30 and not falling back asleep. The question is what do I do with those three hours before I have to get up?

Some would use that time productively. Maybe some would exercise. I just lay in bed keepint quiet so I don't wake up anyone else. I toss and turn (quietly). I pray some which is probably a good use of my time. The one thing that I don't do is worry. I used to worry about a lot of things. But I don't use that time to worry. And I don't seem to be exhausted either with the lack of sleep.

So my question is what should I do with that time? I don't have any housework or laundry to do. Television is not really something I want to watch at 4am. Maybe I should start reading books again.

3 comments:

  1. I think reading sounds like a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you, haven't been sleeping well. Reading might work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is 3:30 the magic waking hour? I do the same thing! VERY frustrating!

    ReplyDelete