Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hodgepodge - Lucy? Charlie Brown? Snoopy?



This week's questions courtesy of Joyce.

1. It's a brand new month...share one thing you're looking forward to in October.

I love October. It is the start of (hopefully) cooler weather. So I can wear my boots soon. I love wearing boots.

2. Is chivalry dead? Explain.

No it isn't. To me, chivalry is showing common courtesy for someone. It doesn't have to be a man to a woman.

3. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts comic strip made its debut. Which character is your favorite? Which character is most like you? (Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Shroeder, Snoopy, Woodstock, or Pig Pen) If you need a description click here .

Oh Peanuts, how I love thee. I'm definitely Lucy. Just ask anyone in my family. Whitney keeps buying me Lucy stuff.

See this is in my office. I can't help it. Lucy sits among the M&Ms and rules the file cabinet.

And listen to these gems of wisdom that come out of her mouth.

All you really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
I never made a mistake in my life. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.



4. What's something you're competitive about?
I hate to lose especially when I think I should win. Take when we first got married we thought we would play chess. My Dad had taught me some so I figured I would clean up. I lost the first game and we've never played since. 24 years later I still won't play chess.

5. October is National Popcorn Popping Month...are you a fan? How do you like your popcorn?

With butter and salt.

6. When did you first realize the world is small?

It's small? I guess right now then. :)

7. In terms of architecture, what's the most beautiful building you've seen up close and in person?


It would have to be Sainte-Chappel in Paris. It has these towering stained glass windows that are absolutely stunning and then these buttresses at the top. Not as well known as Notre Dame Cathedral but more beautiful in my opinion.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm hosting a meeting of people who do similar jobs to me from all across the country on Thursday and Friday. Thankfully the weather will be nice with no rain. Now to make sure the room doesn't freeze us out. I'm not sure why the air conditioner decides to work overtime once the weather outside starts to cool off. I've already had the space heater on.

8 comments:

  1. Love Lucy.. she's just a girl who tells it like it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Lucy quote- she is a funny girl!
    Hope your meeting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how gorgeous the Sainte-Chappel in Paris is! I love visiting places like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a "Lucy" as well and I may not always be right but I'm never wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in so many beautiful churches around Europe it's hard to pick a favorite. So much care and craftsmanship went into the building. I know church isn't about the building but the quiet beauty of a magnificent cathedral does make my heart quiet down which certainly helps me focus on the reason for being there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL we haven't played mini-golf since I lost either! And that Chapel is gorgeous! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Lucy stuff! How cute and happy, especially in your office.

    Got tickled at your answer about being competitive. How funny!

    I did not know about the film taking place at the Catheral.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "with butter and salt" - Is there any other way???

    Pompeii ruins are my favorite place. It's like stepping back in time.

    And Snoopy... he's the master of the angry letter.

    ReplyDelete