Sunday, February 24, 2013

Focaccia Bread Recipe

So what do you do on a weekend that you are at home? Bake bread that's what you do. We pulled this out of the recipe box since we would be around. It definitely takes some time with multiple risings but it is worth it.

Focaccia Bread
Recipe found at recipezaar

1 1/2 coupes water
1 T olive oil
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 T sugar
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp yeast

Put all ingredients in bread machine and use dough setting.

Take dough out and on a lightly floured surface knead gently for 10 minutes. Put dough in a well greased bowl, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.

Knead the dough gently for one minute in bowl. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle.

Put dough on a greased sheet pan and let rise again for one hour.

Pour 1 T olive oil over top of dough. Poke the dough with your finger in two inch increments. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.









The bread is really tender. I like this recipe because the rosemary and oregano are in the dough instead of just on top like most recipes I've seen.

2 comments:

  1. I miss making my own breads. Gluten free bread just isn't the same. Still looking for a good GF Portuguese Sweet Bread recipe. *sigh* I used to make the best french toast from a fresh loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to muster up the courage to bake bread ... and trust me, when I do, I'm baking this focaccia. I love focaccia, and this one sounds absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete