Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Fragments

And we are back with Mrs. 4444 for Friday Fragments. I hope she had a good summer vacation.


Half-Past Kissin' Time

Stupid criminal this week is from Florida. A woman was pulled over for not having her seat belt buckled. Nothing unusual about that. However her reaction was not what most people do. She called 911 to report a police officer pulling her over and that she didn't like it. Needless to say in addition to the ticket for no seat belt she received one for inappropriate use of 911.

Now to counter the stupid criminal, how about a criminal with a conscious. Robbers took computers and candy from a non-profit. When they realized that it was a group that helped victims of sexual abuse, they returned everything in a shopping cart outside the doors with a note that they were sorry that they didn't know what they did and to please keep up the good work. They ended with "God Bless". 

Our city changed our recycling program going from once a week to once every two weeks. We got another huge polycart (this one in blue) and a schedule of pickup. We are week A but the city decided to start with the group B people. This was not a smart move because not only do people not read instructions they can't read the map. (We got the carts a month ago and were specifically told not to start using them until August 5. Guess how many weeks people kept putting them out?)

Dan left on his big camping adventure yesterday morning so I truly have the house to myself. I've got so many lists in my head of things I want to cook, things to do around the house and shopping trips that I don't think I can get them all done in a week. But I'm sure going to try.

First thing on my list is to cook some fish. I've only done it once and I really like fish. So I am going to get a piece of mahi mahi and I found a simple recipe that uses some wine and will have fish tonight. Crossing my fingers that I can do it.

Here's the difference between Dan and me packing for a trip. I go to China for 10 days and it took me about 2 hours to pack. He is going camping for a week in his own car and it took him 1 1/2 days. Plus countless hours trying to decide on a sleeping bag and tent. Literally we had four sleeping bags and three tents in the house with him trying to figure it out. 


7 comments:

  1. I regularly eat fish. The trick is not to overdo it. It broiling or baking, remove fish as soon as it's white and flaky. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy criminals, guess they at least have a heart, just no brain.

    I'm the 1 1/2 day packer and am going through that right now as I pack for our trip to the PNW next week.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to NH next week. I'll likely go with a bathing suit, towel, and change of undies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, my hubby will pack in a couple hours. I like to be basically packed days out and just look it over the night before. I hope he has a great time and that you get some yummy fish eaten!

    I really love the change of heart with the 2nd criminals. Well done, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay the lady calling 911 would be hilarious if it weren't so ridiculous and real. Glad to hear that the computers were returned. Who knows? Maybe it will be a turning point for them.
    Happy Friday!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best and easy fish Pooldad and I have is salmon, tented in tinfoil or parchment, with a little butter, slice of lemon and whatever fresh herb you want to throw in. Cook in the oven until flaky [about 15-20 minutes/350] So good.

    We don't cook with wine, but some recipes just CALL for it. I bet the mahi mahi was excellent. YUM.

    Pooldad and I pack like you with the theory that if we forgot it we can always buying wherever we are going - and it usually IS camping. So far so good for our travels. But I think it would be a biiiit different if we were headed to China. hee

    Hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about the criminals returning the stuff on the radio this week too. I hope you enjoyed your weekend to yourself!

    ReplyDelete