Things are crazy so I'm super late in posting my answers to Joyce's hodgepodge questions.
1. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week...what's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant?
I'll have an empty house that's what. Whitney moved back to college yesterday and Dan's leaving to go on a vacation to meet his sister. Empty house will simplify a lot of stuff.
2. It's also National Peach Month...peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me aBellini? What's your peach pleasure?
Bellini. We've tried to make them and they never turn out as good as they do in a restaurant.
3. Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." Agree or disagree...explain.
I don't want to do something that scare me every day. That sounds like torture.
4. What's your favorite household chore? Yes-you have to name one.
I like to vacuum. Ever since I got my bagless vacuum I like to see how much dust/dog hair I pick up. And then I feel like I'm cleaner.
5. Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunset spots in America. Click here to read more and see the pretty pictures, but this is their list:
Butterfly Beach in Santa Barbara CA, Mount Haleakala in Maui HI, Old Fort Marcy Park in Santa Fe NM, Laguna Beach CA, Hopi Point in Grand Canyon AZ, Four Seasons in Miami FL, Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica CA, Gay Head in Martha's Vineyard MA, Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City UT, and Mallory Square in Key West Florida.
Have you seen the sun set from any of these spots? If you could choose to watch the sun set this weekend from one spot on the Fodors List, which would you choose? Where was the prettiest sunset you've ever seen?
I've seen the sunset from Mallory Square in Key West. But if I had to pick one off the list I would go to Maui.
6. What's your favorite or most used app? If you don't use apps how about your favorite or most visited website?
I have Facebook and Twitter open 24/7 on my ipad. If I have to choose between the two I'll go with Facebook.
7. We've recently passed the halfway mark for 2013...write a seven word sentence that sums up your year thus far.
Exciting things have happened, mundane to come.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday's move went super smooth. It helped that we knew what to expect from the room and that we had packed boxes according to where they went. Took 1 1/2 hours to unload the cars and then another 2 hours to unpack. So we were done by 1:30pm. I took her grocery shopping and then came home.