Thanks Joyce for your questions. Sorry I missed last week...they looked like great ones.
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversityand fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Selfie and Twerk are both high on my list of never hearing again. So I vote for both of them.
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
I had wanted to get new kitchen counters that missed the cut last year. So this year I'm really going to do it.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
Whitney made chili Monday night. So delicious and warming. I did buy some soups on sale this week so I bet I have some clam chowder for lunch this week.
My favorite soup would probably be homemade chicken noodle soup that Dan makes. He does such a good job.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
Snowed under. It always feels that way when the university is closed for a week and then you get back to work and feel like there are piles waiting to be plowed through.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
This is a tough question. Maybe When Harry Met Sally but not sure others would say it is the funniest. But it has such fond memories that we quote from all the time.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
I've gotten clumsier the older I've gotten. But overall I'm not that clumsy.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
I'm not an Elvis fan but if you are in Memphis you should visit Graceland. That was one well-done tour. My favorite song would have to be Viva Las Vegas only because I have a dance in my head to that song. And I always play it when I go to Vegas.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I spent Monday night helping Whitney write her cover letter for internship applications. 300 word limits are tough. And it is really hard to find a paid internship in marketing. I'm used to the science fields where you get paid for everything.
So if anyone knows of a marketing internship let me know. I've got a hard worker just waiting to get some different types of experience.