Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hodgepodge - Bowling Away

Joyce updated her blog and wrote good questions this week. Come join in with the rest of the gang answering the questions.



1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?

I think the last time I bowled was probably 15 years ago. The church we went to had six lanes in their activity center and we took Whitney there. I stay away from bowling mostly because of my bad shoulder. I'm afraid I'll damage it more. I remember when bowling was on Saturday's Wide World of Sports and it was so exciting to watch. Now I don't think it is on any channel.

2. Should sports stars be role models?

I think it is a given that anyone in the public eye is a role model. Now if they only accept that and decide to personally be a POSITIVE one instead of a negative one. That is up to them. And up to the parents to help a child choose good role models.

3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?

I like oatmeal. I tend to choose the lower sugar pre-made packets for a fast breakfast when I need one. But I keep seeing recipes for overnight oatmeal or slow cooker oatmeal that makes me want to try them.

4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?

I just got a copy of Alicia Bien's Evolution of a Wine Drinker. I found Alicia during last year's A-Z Blog Challenge when she wrote about wine every single day. I loved her wit and insight. And then she wrote a book. She contacted me a couple of weeks ago asking if I would like a copy to review and I jumped at the chance. Expect to see my review in the next month. And check out her blog. New House Girl

5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?

Keep having faith in God and his plans. He won't steer you wrong.

6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?

There is a couple but I always have to stop at Ocean's Eleven. And really who wouldn't with George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon gracing the screen. I'll skip over the cheesy acting by everyone but I still love to watch it.


7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?

Leg warmers and Daisy Duke shorts. Neither of those should have been invented in the first place.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Well the hunt for a space heater went online. I went to Walmart and Target over the weekend and there was only one and it wasn't what I wanted. They had already put all the ones on clearance because we all know it doesn't get cold in January. What's up with that? So thank goodness for the internet. Bought one with good ratings and having it shipped straight to work. Hopefully it will come before we get the cold blast later this week.

6 comments:

  1. I'm writing this with my space heater shooting hot air directly on my legs...it's 17 degrees here! Feels SO good! Love your answer to #5! I don't think I've ever seen Oceans Eleven, but I might have to check it out since it stars George Clooney! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Leg warmers - and Daisy Duke shorts! Both are scary fashion items, unless you dance or have killer legs. I think that cuts out 99.9% of us! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. My motto is unless you're a professional dancer, just say NO to the leg warmers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially leg warmers & Daisy Dukes at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, you are so right...I forgot about Clooney...love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate Daisy Dukes! Yuck!!!

    I use leg warmers at night because they keep my calves warm and helps keep me from getting cramps in my legs. But I only used them at night.

    ReplyDelete