Joyce is back from an exciting trip to Portugal and hosting this week's questions again. How fun is that?
Work, work, work. Nothing but work.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Yup. 90's which is actually quite a pleasant change from normal summer temps here. We've lucked out and the electric bill hasn't killed us yet.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
There is a point to laziness when on vacation. The do-nothing approach is recharging the batteries.
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Bill Cosby on The Cosby Show. He was always loving to his kids.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
Not a big picnic person. Maybe I need to fix that.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as-Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
I haven't been to any of these. I would choose Bora Bora because it sounds so exotic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of islands, I just bought plane tickets to go to Hawaii at the end of September. I have a work meeting in Honolulu and then we are going to go to Maui for a few days. I've never been and am looking forward to spending some time enjoying a difference kind of beauty.