1. How often do you check the weather? How do you check the weather?
Well I work with weather people so I'm surrounded by it all the time. And to answer everyone's question, I don't know the forecast. I figure someone at work will tell me if I need to know something. I was obsessive about the forecasts for my trip though for packing purposes.
2. Since this is volume 84 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge, and since I (Joyce) got married in 1984, and since I'm (Joyce) attending a wedding this weekend it only seems right to post something related here.
"Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance. If the dispositions of the parties are ever so well known to each other or ever so similar beforehand, it does not advance their felicity in the least. They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterwards to have their share of vexation; and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life."
Agree or Disagree. Why?
Not a fan of anything written over 100 years ago because I never understand what they are saying. So I don't know how to answer.
3. Do you like to dance? Have you ever taken dance lessons?
I like to dance. On my list of things to do before I turned 40 was to learn how to tango. So our university had a ballroom dance club that did lessons once a week. I went and learned the basic steps to the tango and a few other dances. Can I do them now? I have no idea. One of my friends was in the class and he is a big ballroom dancer. He says I'd be fine but I'm afraid I would embarass myself. I do embarass Whitney if I try and do dances even in the house. She looks at me like I'm crazy. No one seems to think its cute except me.
4. Fresh from the oven peach pie or home made peach ice cream? Pick one.
Hmmm. I like a real peach but the only peach pie or ice cream I've had is store bought so they weren't that good. I have nothing for comparison.
5. Should people accept unfairness and learn to make the best of it?
Life is unfair. Get over it.
6. The top five all time summer movie blockbusters (released between May and August and grossing at least 100 million dollars) are-Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars (the original), Ghostbusters, and ET. Which one's your favorite?
Star Wars has a special spot in my heart since it was the first PG rated movie I ever saw. My mother said that if Amy Carter (the President's daughter) could see it, I could see it. I remember the excitement of the theater and I knew it was something special. Plus a young Harrison Ford is just too cute.
7. If given the chance, would you like to visit the moon?
Nope, don't want to be in a rocket ship or go to the moon or anywhere in space.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Whitney moves back to her dorm in 27 days. Since it is a different dorm than last year she needs new bedding (full size bed) and bathroom stuff (her own full size bathroom). Definitely her own style instead of mine.