Hodgepodge question time from Joyce.
1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?
I plan on watching the Olympics. Whitney is really into it so we'll be switching stations all the time. I can remember when you only got what NBC decided to show in the three hour block every night. Now you can watch everything. I downloaded the ap so I can watch video coverage of everything. If I could see one event in person I would probably say the gold medal game of men's basketball. I'm sure USA will be there and it would be neat to see them win it all.
I figured out how to watch the Olympics on the computer! Guess I know I'll be doing some of that during work hours over the next two weeks.
2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?
UNPRODUCTIVE!! I can't stay still and when I do I feel like I should be doing something. Don't get me wrong I can be lazy but I feel horrible about it.
3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?
I'll say a 5. I made Whitney the cutest jumpers and matching scrunchies when she was little. But then she grew up and simplicity just wouldn't cut it for clothes. I do sew buttons on all the time and fix holes. I think we are going to try and make a seat cushion for Whitney to take to college so it can be customized for her room.
4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?
I don't really know. I avoid any conversations that have the hot topics of politics and religion. I imagine those are the biggies.
5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?
I'm not really a bean person. I will eat chili/kidney beans in chili but I won't eat bean soup. And forget just having them as a side...yuck.
6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust? We had a garage sale once and it was successful. Got rid of lots of baby stuff. Nowadays we just bundle up everything that we are going to get rid of and donate it to Goodwill. We probably do that 3-4 times a year.
7. What makes you roll your eyes?
Rolling of eyes are not allowed in our house...just ask Whitney.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I survived my boss's assistant being gone for two weeks! Phew. Nothing like covering for someone else while trying to catch up on your own work after your own vacation. Nobody was covering for me like I did for her. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be top dog.