Monday, July 8, 2013

Beer

Now that I have your attention, I thought I would write about the famous local Qingdao beer called TsingTao. You can buy it in the US. Qingdao was inhabited by Germans in the early 1900's and they wanted their beer so they brought in brewmasters from Germany to teach the Chinese how to make it. And that is how a Chinese beer (TsingTao is pronounced Qingdao) tastes like a light German beer from hops. It is really tasty and it is served cold (one of the few drinks in China served that way). We toured their museum and of course what tour is complete without samples.




Isn't this a great fountain?












They even had bottles of the beer at the buffet at the hotel. You could take as many as you wanted to the table.

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen that beer, but have never had it, because it's Chinese, and there's no way the Chinese could make a decent beer! Leave it to the Germans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I can't drink beer (Ceiliac disease - no wheat, oats, barley, or rye.) But that is one of the coolest fountains. :)

    ReplyDelete