Joining Joyce for this week's questions. I've missed it the last few weeks!
Anything involving money, balancing checkbooks, taxes. I'm very good with numbers.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
How to use the DVD player. Isn't that awful of me? I know how to make it play and pause, but all those extra menu buttons confuse me. I just hand the remote over to my husband.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
I remember a few vacations growing up. The main one I remember though wasn't in the summer. We got taken out of school for two weeks to go on a road trip. That was pretty fun.
We've taken our daughter on so many vacations...summer, spring break, Christmas. Cruises, DisneyWorld, France, Canada...she's been to a lot of places.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
I choose an air-conditioned room overlooking the pool or ocean. I hate being outside when it is hot.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Nope and I just don't think it every works.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
I dislike okra...yucky. I don't think I've ever had liver or lima beans so can't make a judgement. I used to hate brussel sprouts but I would give them a chance again.
I would add peas to the list. I've made known my great dislike of that vegetable before.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I have absolutely no idea. I read so many books so fast that I don't pay attention to those details. And I don't watch a lot of movies.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had to get bloglovin' to read some of the blogs. A couple of the ones I've followed are new and that's the only way to get updated on when they start. I can tell I'm already going to dislike it.