Monday, July 11, 2011

What's for Dinner?

I'm sure that this question hounds all of us. I try and make a meal plan before I go grocery shopping each week so we have stuff at home and don't eat out. In fact we rarely eat out so I must do a good job. But the weeks where I sort of wing it and say we have stuff in the freezer and stuff to make such and such never turn out well. This is one of those weeks.

First of all, it is too darn hot outside to have the oven on. So that limits things. Then we have a burn ban going on because of the drought and that somewhat limits outdoor grilling. Plus it is too hot (see first sentence) to stand outside and cook. So we have the stove, the microwave, and stuff that doesn't need to be cooked. Rather limiting I think.

We love pesto, in fact made a big batch this weekend and ate from it twice. But we can't have it every day of the week. Spaghetti is always a good choice because Whitney loves it but I'm getting tired of that. I've made microwave nachos the last couple of weeks and that is good. But I'm looking for something different.

Tonight I think I'm going to make something with a bunch of leftover frozen pastas, spaghetti sauce and frozen meatballs. I've got a couple of different cheeses to add. And maybe there will be enough for leftovers. That will give me an extra day of not thinking about dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on finding quick, healthy and easy things to do via stovetop too. Unfortunately that has included cereal and milk far too often these days.... :)

    ReplyDelete