Friday, November 25, 2011

Let the decorating begin!

Today is traditionally the beginning of Christmas decorating in our house. And as I went into the attic with Dan to pull everything out, I realized something. I have a lot of stuff. Like boxes and boxes of stuff. And yet, not enough stuff. It is way too easy to put everything out. Maybe its because I don't have a lot of places to put things. Maybe its because I just have the same stuff and I keep putting it into the same place. So I think I need new stuff.

The tree will go up tomorrow because this afternoon is a real treat...we are going to see The Muppet Movie. At a real theater! The last time I went to a movie was probably three to four years ago. I was shocked at how expensive movie tickets were. Even with the matinee price it is outrageous. Makes much more sense to wait til it comes out on dvd and rent it at redbox for a buck.

Dinner is easy tonight, leftovers. Although I'm going to have to make a new batch of mashed potatoes because we ate them all yesterday. Lucky for us we made an extra pan of dressing. Plus the bird has been taken apart and the bones are in the crockpot making stock so we can have turkey noodle soup. Yumminess is on its way.

3 comments:

  1. I think we were separated at birth Tracy - heehee - because I was basically write the same exact post for our house, right down to the turkey stock! D'oh I forgot about the crockpot, instead I did mine on the stove after dinner last night. I should've been smart like you & thrown it in the c/p. I won't forget at Christmas.

    Tonight we are having turkey, gravy and mixed vegetables over waffles, with mashed taters & dressing on the side. And tomorrow is soup, with turkey pot pie on Sunday. Gosh, I love Thanksgiving! :D Enjoy your decorating and dinner!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we were triplets.

    Because I am also doing the tree, seeing the muppets tomorrow, hating the cost of the tickets, and eating left overs.

    Good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to my sisters, sadly no leftovers for us. I'm trying to decide if we'll do outside decorations, we'll be at my brothers in Yuma and not home.

    ReplyDelete