Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - It's A Five Day Weekend!







1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called at your house and what's included in your recipe...cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?

Nothing controversial on this one. It's dressing and there is only one way to make it. White bread and sage. Lots of sage. And lots of butter. Plus you cook it in the turkey so it gets super moist.

Anyone who disagrees with me can just leave me more to eat.

2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

Absolutely no one.

3. When were you last inside an airport?

A couple of weeks ago when I flew back from Washington DC. It is sad when I know the DC airport as well as the OKC one. I even know what fast food they have at the gate.

4. What is one side dish that absolutely must be included in a turkey dinner?

Just one side dish? How about three? Dressing, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and Cranberries.

5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?

Feliz Navidad.

6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?

I never give money to people on the street. I donate money to my church and I also play Secret Santa to a foster child.

7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory. If you live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving share a favorite memory associated with food.

Watching the Macy's parade. I always love to watch that. Although now that I'm older I realize it is all lip sync stuff. But the big balloons are pretty cool.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The office is all decorated for Christmas (I spent my morning doing that). And when I get home Whitney and her friend will be there. And then the cooking will commence.


5 comments:

  1. Re: #5 When I hear "Silver Bells" I want to cover my ears and scream until its over. Not sure why but it drives me around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is stuffing if you STUFF it in the turkey - dressing if it "DRESSES" the side. I call it both depending on how I do it.

    And I do like herb dressing, but I would have a mutiny on my hands if I even thought about not having oyster dressing. [Not stuffing the turkey this year because some has to be gifted to family that can't be here, so casserole dishes it is. :)]

    Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoy your sage dressing. I am salivating now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't hear Feliz Navidad without thinking of my middle son as a 4 year old, standing on the stair landing, and singing "I want mama's lap" instead of Feliz Navidad!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call it a stomach ache. Can't have it any more because of the Celiac.

    But when I did it was stove top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family always called it stuffing or filling. We come from a German background, so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    And I hate the song "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer".

    ReplyDelete