Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge - A Visit to My Youth





1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?

Foreigner's "Cold As Ice" always takes me back to junior high. It was the last couple of months I lived in one town and I always think of the boy I had a crush on then. Then we moved and that was that.

2. What's something you've given up on?

The media being sane about anything. Can you people all not talk about the same stupid stuff?

3. What's something you'll never give up on?

My child.

4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?

Well since I'm at work that would be rather difficult. But if I were home we have a pork loin in the fridge that would be cut up and made into delicious breaded pork cutlets. Oh those are tasty.

5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?

No to all three. I did get my list for shopping for the secret Santa I'm doing for foster kids. And I did buy a new snowman but haven't put it out yet.

6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?

Big Catholic wedding. Mom converted to marry Dad in the church. And she kept the dress and I tried it on for my wedding but decided all the itchy crinoline wouldn't be good. I did take a button off of it for my something old though.

7. I can't believe I ___________________.

ate the whole thing? Yes I quote commercials.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Friday have to take Whitney for CT scan of her sinuses to figure out where the pressure is on her tear duct. Then schedule surgery to fix that and her deviated septum. Over Christmas break. So she can recover in time to go back to school. Merry Christmas to us.

5 comments:

  1. My son has a deviated septum. Let me know how it turns out for your daughter.
    I enjoyed the refreshingly honest answers you gave to the Hodgepodge questions.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Questions. I remember Foreigner from middle school because I shared a room with my older sister and she listened to them, Ted Nugent, whomever did "Aqua Lung" [hated that album, that band and that song] all the music my Bee Gee loving heart hated. She played it day & night and drove me nuts. Ah, memories.

    And I have 3 snowmen out. Does that count as [beginning] decorating. heehee

    Good luck with your daughter and the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww :( Sorry to hear that you have to spend your Christmas holiday that way. Praying all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy a good Foreigner song. I think what reminds me of high school is Tears for Fears and being on the sailing team. Those were some of the best days of my life. I hope all goes well with Whitney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently with my 21 year old daughter as she had some periodontal surgery today. She'll have two days of classes then home for Thanksgiving and a little more mashed potato and tlc : )

    ReplyDelete